Bootleg Fire Update: July 12, 2021 3:00 p.m.
Beatty, Ore.— Due to the size and complexity of the Bootleg Fire, the fire will be managed using two zones—this will allow the incident management teams to better manage the fire and limit travel.
The Bootleg Fire continues to burn actively on the Fremont-Winema National Forest, approximately 11 miles northeast of the town of Sprague River.
Smoke from the fire is highly visible from Oregon State Highway 140, Sprague River Highway, Chiloquin and the surrounding area. Drivers should expect increased traffic in the area from fire equipment and are asked to use caution driving in the area. There is an emergency closure in place to public access/entry due to hazards and hazardous conditions created as a result of the Bootleg Fire – details are on the closures page. Level 2 and 3 evacuations are in place.
An interactive map showing evacuation areas and the fire perimeter from the overnight IR flight is available at
To sign up for Klamath County emergency alerts, visit
- Rogue Workforce Partnership has been awarded $8,073,654 in new federal grants to help the region respond to the recent wildfire disaster, as well as other impacts related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Disaster Recovery Employment Grants
- The Oregon Debris Management Task Force is happy to announce that the State of Oregon will provide no-cost wildfire ash and debris cleanup for all homes and businesses in the eight counties affected by the disastrous September wildfires, regardless of FEMA reimbursement. This includes mobile home parks, second homes, businesses, and other structures. Learn more at wildfire.oregon.gov/cleanup Please see the full press release in OEM’s newsroom, and a video about cleanup here.
DONATE TO OREGON WILDFIRE RELIEF (Rogue Credit Union)
Rogue Credit Union is supporting local families, communities and relief efforts affected by the Almeda/Glendower, Obenchain and other surrounding fires. Donations are tax deductible and will go to our local non-profits, designed specifically for assisting impacted families and rebuilding our communities.
Rogue Credit Union will not be disbursing funds directly to individuals. Please contact the Red Cross, United Way, Access or other local organizations for request for assistance.
ROTARY REBUILDS SOUTHERN OREGON (United Rotary Clubs of Southern Oregon)
Southern Oregon Rotary clubs have come together to help with business recovery. One of the Objects of Rotary is the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations. What a poignant statement in these times and provides us with our call to action. Funded by a large grant from Rogue Credit Union and additional funds donated by regional Rotary Clubs, we are providing small grants through our “BACK to WORK” Program.
- Sole Proprietors Tool Replacement
- Small Business Equipment Replacement
- Business with Employees that Have No Insurance or are Under-Insured
We are ready to collaborate and coordinate with other organizations and local governments to rebuild what was lost in the Almeda, Obenchain and surrounding fires.